As part of its mission to drive El Paso’s cultural vitality, MCAD provides support annually to local artists, area non-profit arts organizations and creative entrepreneurs through a competitive granting process in five categories that is designed for maximum transparency.
Funding for the Cultural Funding Program is derived from local allocation of Hotel Occupancy Tax (HOT), the Texas Commission on the Arts and some City general funds.
FY2018 Cultural Funding Information
The FY2018 cycle is now closed. Information about the FY2019 funding cycle will be available soon.
Cultural Funding Program Guidelines and Resources
FY2019 CULTURAL FUNDING Panel Nominations
For more information, contact Rebecca Munoz, (915) 212-1770 or email@example.com.
The Cultural Funding Program provides resources through the following five granting categories:
- The Operating Support Program (OSP) is designed to support the stability of El Paso's arts and cultural assets and to cultivate organizational growth and professional development. This category is open to non-profit, professionally staffed arts organizations with a minimum of a three-year funding history from MCAD. Funds can be used for any operating expenses.
- The Project Support Program (PSP) supports non-profit organizations’ high quality arts experiences that are innovative, accessible and appealing to both El Pasoans and visitors. PSP funds can be used for all project-related expenses including administration, production costs, artistic fees, outreach and marketing.
- The Community Arts Program (CAP) provides funding for grassroots non-profit arts/cultural organizations and individual artists to provide activities, services, performances and demonstrations in community and neighborhood spaces. The program creates a roster of arts and culture providers available to provide free services throughout the city.
- The Artist Incubator Program (AIP) supports the creation of new work by El Paso artists in all disciplines. Eligible projects must be able to be completed and exhibited or performed publicly within the yearlong funding cycle.
- KickstART Downtown fosters the continuing development of downtown El Paso as a destination for visitors by supporting recurring downtown festivals, events and programs that are largescale and with a demonstrated ability to drive tourism.